It’s been getting warmer just as it gets colder. Meaning that I’ve been overheating from layering one thing after another, after another and after another! It’s always a great moment when you find that one piece that has enough detail and is the right thickness that it’s all you have to wear. This Michael by Michael Kors cable-knit sweater does the job.
This is more of an around town outfit that I would wear. A great sweater, jeans and comfy but rugged boots. Top it off with the Ray-Bans and the bag to carry all of my thoughts. Why can’t they make women’s bags just like this? On another note, why does it have to be a men’s bag? It’s perfect for both of us, it’s just a bag. I’ll take one.
Click on the item description to purchase -
1. Michael Michael Kors Metallic-coated cable-knit sweater $150
2. Ray-Ban Aviator Sunglasses $145
3. Merona Men’s Weekender Bag $29.99
4. Intermix Koral Coated Black Skinny $210
5. La Mer Collections Simple Wrap Watch $88
6. Frye Vera Strappy Boots $328
Currently listening to: John Hopkins – Cold Out There
Happy Holiday everyone!
I’ts been a while since I’ve done a look of the day post and I forgot how much fun I had putting them together. Since there will be a ton of holiday parties happening around now until the middle of January, I thought it would be perfect to start some party outfits.
When I saw this Dorothy Perkins top the entire outfit came together in my mind. I like mixing a peplum top with a skater skirt, it adds layers and accentuates smaller areas of your waist and legs. Instead of a classic pump (which would also be lovely with it) I decided to go with a leather bootie, I think it adds a younger edge to the outfit.
Obviously, what is a holiday outfit without the sparkle!? The Dorothy Perkins clutch was perfect and ties in with the sparkle from the Lulu Frost for J. Crew studs.
What will your holiday outfits look like this year?
Click on item description to purchase -
1. Dorothy Perkins Navy flocked peplum top $45
2. Lulu Frost for J.Crew navette burst earrings $98
3. Dorothy Perkins Kardashian gold glitter clutch $55
4. TOPSHOP Black Full Skater Skirt $76
5. House of Harlow 1960 Natalia Platform Bootie $206
Last night I painted my nails an electric shade of blue to keep on trend with brights but quickly came to realize that is just is not me. After coming to this realization I stepped into my closet and noticed that it translated to my clothes and shoes. I’m currently getting ready for the next Vancouver Blogger Sale (August 18th, details to come) and can use this opportunity to remove these items.
Where am I going with this? Take a look at the outfit below, it’s an outfit that’s still on trend without being over the top. I love the peplum tops but am not crazy about the rainbow of color, prints and patterns they come in. To keep on trend but stay with a palette I feel comfortable with I’ve chosen this neutral taupe and paired it with a cropped boyfriend denim.
I’m all for stepping outside of the comfort zone with fashion but sometimes you gotta stick your neutral choices! Have you stepped outside of your comfort zone recently?
1. TOPSHOP Sleeveless Peplum Top $36
2. Ana Accessories Inc No Conquest Ring $11.99
3. TOPSHOP MOTO Reclaim To Wear Ombre Jeans $90
4. Tiffany Arden resin link shoulder bag (from the Tiffany & Co. Spring Leather Bag Collection)
5. Ralph Lauren Collection Sherene leather sandals $225